We are a technology company providing user-friendly, online services. We operate these services ourselves, we are not an outsourcing shop. Our industry leading products are actively used by consumers across the globe.
We are profitable, growing, and actively hiring! We are a team of 100+ people world-wide, with a core team of 50 people in Hong Kong.
Product Manager for Infrastructure
We run user-friendly online services for consumers. We operate these services ourselves. We're not an outsourcing shop. We're profitable, growing, and actively hiring. We're a team of 150+ people worldwide, with our core team of 50 people in Hong Kong.
We're looking for a Product Manager for Infrastructure
We need a driven, highly organized individual with excellent communication skills to manage projects across our product, systems, sales, and technical support teams.
- Ensure each team has clear product backlogs describing what actions they’ll take to achieve well-defined goals.
- Manage our relationships with about 100 different datacenters around the world.
- Purchase new equipment. Create the orders with the datacenters, track status, then pass the data into our configuration management system and ensure the machines are set up in a timely fashion.
- Ensure that we’re efficiently using prepaid bandwidth quotas. Analyse and distribute our traffic patterns to make best use of the resources available
- Research datacenters. Find alternatives for us to place hardware that will deliver better routes for customers. Use tools provided by our engineers to evaluate different options.
- Triage issues. When our monitoring and support systems notice problems, you make sure the team addresses them in priority order.
- Ticket tracking. Create clear, concise tickets for each issue that an engineer is working on, prioritize these and track them to ensure they are completed.
- Resolve network abuse complaints coming from the datacenters. - -- - Decide which ones require follow-up by the engineering team, prioritize and manage them to resolution.
Profile of an ideal candidate
- Strong English verbal and written communication skills. You’ll need to communicate quickly and clearly with engineers on our team, as well as sales and tech-support staff at various datacenters around the world. Once it’s clear what needs to be done, you can very quickly and clearly express that in writing.
- You’ll need a driven personality to do well in this role. Demand fast turnaround times from the datacenters, chase and push to get things done.
- You should have a keen ability to ask questions, and dig into an issue until you understand it.
- You must be comfortable handling competing priorities. For example, easily handle situations where you’re asked to do 10 things in a day but only have time for 3. (determine which ones you’re going to handle, and communicate to the stakeholders)
- Excellent follow-through. You don’t “drop” issues. You either get something done in the agreed timeline, or communicate with stakeholders if you need to change the timeline.
Nice to have:
- Experience working with developers and sysadmins.
- Basic familiarity with Linux, or an interest in learning.
- Attractive compensation
- Given the operational nature of this position, it might require some work on evenings or weekends to resolve high-priority outages. Probably once per month.
- Based in Hong Kong at our spacious office in Wanchai. Lots of light, open space, pull-up bars, powerful hardware, all in a convenient location.
- Full-time employment, 40 hours per week, flexible working hours
- Medical insurance
Ruby on Rails
Apply at: http://tty1.us/chengbao-jobs-tw