We are a technology company providing user-friendly, online services. We operate these services ourselves, we are not an outsourcing shop. Our industry leading products are actively used by consumers across the globe. We are profitable, growing, and actively hiring! We are a team of 100+ people world-wide, with a core team of 50 people in Hong Kong.
Server-side Software Developer
We're looking for server-side developers to join our team building user-friendly online services for consumers. We use a micro-services architecture with a broad range of different technology stacks and high levels of automated test coverage. The majority of our server-side code is currently in either Ruby or Go, so you’d likely work in those as well as other stacks.
Your responsibilities may cover systems that each bring their own set of **interesting technical and design challenges, **especially around scale, security, and availability.
We’re open to candidates with various levels of experience. From junior to very senior, come talk to us!
Profile of an ideal candidate
- Super-smart, excited about building well-designed systems, eager to learn and continually improve his or her skills.
- You take great pride in the quality of your code
- Expert in at least one modern server-side language. You test your code primarily with automation.
- Eager to learn some Ruby (you’ll see a lot of it here, though it won’t necessarily be your primary language)
- Nice to have: Experience building high-load scalable systems
- Nice to have: Devops experience (Linux, Docker, Nginx, Ansible, Databases, Queues)
- In general, we’re looking for someone with raw smarts and potential who can easily learn the specific skills needed for our work.
We run user-friendly online services for consumers. We operate these services ourselves. We're not an outsourcing shop. We're profitable, growing, and actively hiring. We're a team of 150+ people worldwide, with our core team of 50 people in Hong Kong.
We have a flat team structure. You’ll report to the co-founder. He has a technical background, writes code himself, and can provide clear requirements.
We follow best practices for software development
Continuous Delivery. All logic is tested automatically. We deploy multiple times per day. We often use TDD.
Microservices architecture. We can pick the right stack for each individual application. Currently those involve combinations of Ruby, Go, Node.JS, C, mySQL, Postgres, Redis, MongoDB, RabbitMQ, Docker, Chef and Ansible.
Code-reviews. We invest in spreading knowledge around the team, and keeping our code easy to read, test, and maintain.
Highlights of interesting tech challenges
Scale and performance challenges. Handle tens of thousands of rpm, scale across geographically distributed datacenters, solve complex computational tasks quickly, and be highly available.
Security. We work with world-class penetration testers.
API design. We have client-side apps for Windows, Mac OS, Android, iOS, and soon Linux. Keep the API designs simple and meet the various requirements for our apps.
Split-testing. We make heavy use of A/B testing to optimize our front-end for sales conversions. We have enough volume to often get significant results within one day.
- Attractive compensation
- Full-time employment, 40 hours per week, flexible working hours
- Based in Hong Kong at our spacious office in Wanchai
- Lots of light, open space, pull-up bars, ping-pong table, powerful hardware of your choosing, and a young and fun team
- Medical insurance
Ruby on Rails
Apply at: http://tty1.us/chengbao-jobs-tw