We are a technology company providing user-friendly, online services. We operate these services ourselves, we are not an outsourcing shop. Our industry leading products are actively used by consumers across the globe. We are profitable, growing, and actively hiring! We are a team of 100+ people world-wide, with a core team of 50 people in Hong Kong.
Systems Administrator and DevOps
We're looking for SysAdmin and DevOps talent to join our team building user-friendly online services for consumers. We run high-scale services used by more than a hundred thousand people worldwide. Our company combines the best of being financially successful with the culture of a start-up.
We’re open to candidates with varying levels of experience. Junior or very senior, please talk to us!
- Responsibilities can include any or all of the following:
- Systems admin: Maintain several hundred Ubuntu servers running network applications. Provision new servers as we grow. Pro-actively keep them running well, and respond to outages if necessary. All our servers are leased in remote data-centers. We never visit them physically. The datacenter is responsible for the hardware, and you manage the OS and applications.
- Devops: Develop software to provision, manage and monitor your servers more efficiently. We currently use a combination of Ansible, Shell scripts, Nagios, Ruby and Python, and you'd build on this.
- Application development: Help develop new distributed network applications.
Profile of an ideal candidate
- Super-smart, excited about building well-designed systems, eager to learn and continually improve his or her skills
- Experienced Linux sysadmin, skilled at troubleshooting system or network issues
- Great at writing shell scripts
- Fluent in at least one other programming language
- Deep understanding of general networking (non-cisco)
- Nice to have: experience with Ansible or similar tools like Puppet or Chef
- Nice to have: experience with creating and maintaining documentation
- Good written English communication. You'll do most of your writing in English. - Speaking can be in Cantonese.
- In general, we're looking for someone with raw smarts and potential who can easily learn the specific skills needed for our work.
We run user-friendly online services for consumers. We operate these services ourselves. We're not an outsourcing shop. We're profitable, growing, and actively hiring. We're a team of 150+ people worldwide, with our core team of 50 people in Hong Kong.
We invest heavily in automated tests and follow the Continuous Delivery methodology for our server-side apps, meaning we ship features as soon as they're ready. When automated tests are green, we know it's safe to deploy.
- Attractive compensation
- Full-time employment, 40 hours per week, flexible working hours
- Based in Hong Kong at our spacious office in Wanchai
- Lots of light, open space, pull-up bars, ping-pong table, powerful hardware of your -choosing, and a young and fun team
- Medical insurance
Ruby on Rails
Apply at: http://tty1.us/chengbao-jobs-tw