Posted: 2021-07-12 Deadline: 2021-10-10
We are looking for an experienced DevOps Engineer, who will be responsible for and take ownership of reliability, automation, and other issues related to “keeping the lights on” across Faria’s multi-product SaaS systems stack. You will be a part of developing infrastructure software, maintaining it, and scaling it. This role will specifically focus on supporting our OpenApply product.
Faria is a leader in international education systems & services offering an integrated systems suite across learning, admissions, school-to-home, and online courses & study services to over 10,000 schools and 4 million students in 155 countries. OpenApply is an admissions management system & CRM, serving over 600 of the world’s leading international and independent schools.
ABOUT THE ROLE
Reporting to the DevOps Manager, you will be responsible for:
- Reliably automate the server provisioning process to reduce the labor of our R&D team.
- Monitor and mitigate potential security vulnerabilities, enforce and strengthen security policies, and manage security risks (e.g. DDoS, bug bounty, etc.).
- Implement the systems and processes that Product Developers use to deploy their software into production.
- Incident Management: with proactive remote communication and as the bridge between support & engineering teams. Improving process and mitigation through retrospectives.
- Because of the nature of the DevOps Engineer role you should also be prepared for on-call shifts and potential “all-hands-on-deck” situations at any hour of the day or night. Minimizing those situations is part of your job!
- Minimum of 3+ years of system administration experience for a high-usage, web-based software service ideally built using open-source software components.
- Knowledge of Amazon AWS services and API’s including EC2, S3, VPC, IAM.
- Knowledge and familiarity with alerts & monitoring tools, and system management tools for Linux environments (including DataDog, Nginx, NewRelic, CloudFlare, MySQL/PostgreSQL, Apache, IPTables, ELK stack.
- Knowledge and familiarity with configuration management tools including Ansible, Chef, or Puppet.
- Knowledge of deploying/troubleshooting/tuning Ruby on Rails applications (Passenger, Capistrano, Sidekiq, Bundler) will be an advantage.
- Excellent practical experience with alerts & monitoring tools, and system management tools for Linux environments.
- Strong communication skills in English with an ability to coordinate the incident response with urgency.
- Proper remote presence & etiquette (acknowledging requests in a timely fashion over Slack, not leaving requests unacknowledged at all).
- Effective adherence to operating procedures (organizing day-to-day work and large-scale tasks in a calm manner with priority-driven sequencing).
- Competitive salary and opportunities for career development.
- Professional growth in the international business environment.
- Cozy fully-equipped office in Taipei.
- Friendly atmosphere, office socials and team lunches.
- Paid vacation and stipend for English language classes/gym membership.
- Professional Development budget and unlimited book budget.
- Regular performance reviews.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, race, creed, color, national origin, ancestry, marital status, affectional or sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability, nationality or sex. Faria operates a safer recruiting policy and the successful applicant may be required to complete an enhanced disclosure from the DBS and an Enhanced Check for Regulated Activity.
Please note: Due to a high volume of applicants, only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
**INTERESTED APPLICANTS MUST APPLY HERE: https://faria.bamboohr.com/jobs/view.php?id=130 **
Employment Type：Employee - Full Time