張貼日期: 2021-08-03 有效期限: 2021-11-01
Faria is a leader in international education systems & services providing an integrated systems suite across learning, admissions, school-to-home and online courses & study services to over 10,000 schools and 4 million students in over 155 countries.
The OpenApply division of Faria Education Group is looking for one Senior Backend Engineers. The role will be heavily involved with new feature developments and maintaining the existing application.
OpenApply is an admissions management system & CRM serving over 600 of the world’s leading international & independent schools, supporting the applicant from discovery & enquiry to admissions & enrolment.
- New features development based on the provided specifications
- Maintaining the existing applications (bug fixes, migration to new Rails versions, UI refresh).
- Interacting with the other teams (within the company and external) regarding the applications integration and API.
Skills & Competencies
- 5+ years of experience of RoR software development expertise;
- Ruby on Rails (versions 6);
- RDBMS (MySQL, PostgreSQL is a plus);
- Frontend (HTML, CSS3, jQuery, CoffeeScript, SASS, Bootstrap);
- Solid understanding of object-oriented programming, familiarity with the concepts of MVC, Mocking, ORM, and RESTful;
- Automated testing (RSpec), continuous integration;
- Experience using front-end framework (Vue or React);
- English: Intermediate or upper, verbal and written.
- Resolving development issues of high complexity by making good judgments and quick decisions
- Identifying system and engineering process deficiencies proposes and implements solutions
- Being flexible and open to new ideas tracks emerging development methods, tools.
Architecture and OOD
- Defining system architecture (vision) including the most complex ones which may span across platforms, technologies, etc.
- Decomposing problem space into subsystems (layers, tiers, modules, etc.).
- Demonstrating proficient knowledge of design and architectural patterns, applying that knowledge in everyday work.
- Creating clear, consistent, well commented, highly maintainable, and accurate code that matches agreed conventions.
- Verifying code changes made.
- Writing unit and integration tests according to the chosen environment and methodology.
- Establishing the project's automated testing environment and workflow.
- Choosing tools and frameworks appropriate for the specific products, like code coverage tools, unit testing, and integration testing frameworks.
- Working with issue tracking software.
- Assisting in choosing issue tracking software and establishing the project's QA environment, choosing the project's QA methodology and workflow.
- Working with version control systems.
- Committing verified changes with comprehensive comments.
- Carefully checking diffs before code commit.
- Splitting code commits according to the atomic chunk of functionality.
- Resolving conflicts in the codebase.
- Effective use of branching and tagging techniques for managing product versions, developing major features and product updates.
- Using special tools for analyzing product performance, resource usage to determine product bottlenecks.
- Applying optimization techniques for improving resource consumption
- Refactoring sub-systems (modules) in the scope of defined architecture
- Planning refactoring of product components according to product development roadmap, recognized issues, and feature requests.
Build and Continuous Integration
- Defining and establishing build policy.
- Using and monitoring the project's automated build environment.
- Developing/editing build scripts.
- Defining product versioning policy.
- Choosing appropriate tools for the build the environment.
- Creating release documents.
Capabilities & Character
- Resolve S1-S5 items on production according to SLA without regression, communicate appropriately while resolving.
- Implement quick wins and small feature requests according to severity and R&D priority.
- Ensure technical debt is tracked and estimated, escalated if it exceeds 4 man-weeks.
- Wisdom in the knowledge of Optimums, Right People, Plan & Strategy to Scale
- Business Growth & Competitive Strength.
- R&D Team Stability & Health
- Competitive salary and opportunities for career development.
- Professional growth in the international business environment.
- Cozy fully-equipped office in Taipei.
- Friendly atmosphere, office socials and team lunches.
- Paid vacation and stipend for English language classes/gym membership.
- Professional Development budget and unlimited book budget.
- Regular performance reviews.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, race, creed, color, national origin, ancestry, marital status, affectional or sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability, nationality, or sex.
**INTERESTED APPLICANTS MUST APPLY HERE: https://faria.bamboohr.com/jobs/view.php?id=136 **
Employment Type：Employee - Full Time