Posted: 2021-08-03 Deadline: 2021-11-01
Faria is a leader in international education systems & services providing an integrated systems suite across learning, admissions, school-to-home and online courses & study services to over 10,000 schools and 4 million students in over 155 countries.
The OpenApply division of Faria Education Group is looking for two Intermediate Backend Engineers. The role will be heavily involved with new feature developments and maintaining the existing application.
OpenApply is an admissions management system & CRM serving over 600 of the world’s leading international & independent schools, supporting the applicant from discovery & enquiry to admissions & enrolment.
- New features development based on the provided specifications
- Maintaining the existing applications (bug fixes, migration to new Rails versions, UI refresh).
- Interacting with the other teams (within the company and external) regarding the applications integration and API.
Skills & Competencies
- 2+ years of experience of RoR software development expertise;
- Ruby on Rails (versions 6);
- RDBMS (MySQL, PostgreSQL is a plus);
- Frontend (HTML, CSS3, jQuery, CoffeeScript, SASS, Bootstrap);
- Solid understanding of object-oriented programming, familiarity with the concepts of MVC, Mocking, ORM, and RESTful;
- Automated testing (RSpec), continuous integration;
- English: Intermediate or upper, verbal and written.
- Demonstrating the deep understanding of OOP and using it effectively
- Creating clear, consistent, well commented, highly maintainable, and accurate code that matches agreed conventions.
- Verifying code changes made.
- Writing unit and integration tests according to the chosen environment and methodology.
- Working with issue tracking software.
- Working with version control systems.
- Committing verified changes with comprehensive comments.
- Carefully checking diffs before code commit.
- Splitting code commits according to the atomic chunk of functionality.
- Resolving conflicts in the codebase.
- Using special tools for analyzing product performance, resource usage to determine product bottlenecks.
- Refactoring sub-systems (modules) in the scope of defined architecture
Capabilities & Character
- Ensure the estimation provided by team members is accurate.
- Suggest and discuss changes to feature/bugfix scope, which will improve the general architecture.
- Estimate (accuracy 70% minimum) and implement new features related to curricula.
- Resolve escalated items from the application support team related to S1-S5 defects on production.
- Shipping Great (Stable) Features to Production that delight Customers
- Competitive salary and opportunities for career development.
- Professional growth in the international business environment.
- Cozy fully-equipped office in Taipei.
- Friendly atmosphere, office socials and team lunches.
- Paid vacation and stipend for English language classes/gym membership.
- Professional Development budget and unlimited book budget.
- Regular performance reviews.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, race, creed, color, national origin, ancestry, marital status, affectional or sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability, nationality, or sex.
**INTERESTED APPLICANTS MUST APPLY HERE: https://faria.bamboohr.com/jobs/view.php?id=135 **
Employment Type：Employee - Full Time